City of Refuge Mission Family Worship Center is a spiritual hospital safe and secure in unsecured territory. We are a solid foundation for people of hope.
Yes, there is a Balm in Gilead! Jeremiah 8:22
• We believe the Bible to be the inspired and only infallible written Word of God. We believe that there is One God, eternally existent in Three Persons; God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit.
• We believe in the Blessed Hope, which is the rapture of the Church of God, which is in Christ, at His return.
• We believe that the only means of being cleansed from sin is through repentance, faith in the precious Blood of Jesus Christ, and baptism in water.
• We believe that regeneration by the Holy Ghost is absolutely essential for personal salvation.
• We believe that the redemptive work of Christ on the cross provides healing for the human body in answer to believing prayer.
• We believe that the baptism in the Holy Ghost, according to Acts 2:4 is given to believers who ask for it.
• We believe in the sanctifying power of the Holy Spirit, by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a holy and separated life in this present world.
Why Do We...
If you are curious about what you see or hear during a worship service, you can ask for an explanation from one of the pastors. But the following points may give you an answer to some of your questions. We take our queues from the Bible.
- Sing – Music has been at the heart of creation from the beginning of time, and has been the inescapable emotional response of God’s creatures to his goodness. Singing helps us respond emotionally to God, as we sing of God’s works, give him thanks and praise, and encourage one another to live for him. Colossians 3:16 … Let Christ's word live in you like a rich treasure. Teach and correct each other wisely. Sing psalms, hymns and spiritual songs. Sing with thanks in your hearts to God. (NIRV)
- Clap our hands - Clapping our hands is a form of praise which is mentioned frequently in the scriptures. Psalm 47:1 Clap your hands, all you nations (NIRV)
- Lift our hands - lifting our hands is a form of praising the Lord.
Psalms134:2 Lift up your hands in the sanctuary and praise the LORD. (NIV)
- Praise the Lord out Loud - Hebrews 13:15 Through Jesus, therefore, let us continually offer to God a sacrifice of praise—the fruit of lips that confess his name. (NIV)
- Anoint with oil - Oil symbolizes the presence of the Holy Spirit and the promised blessings of God. James 5: 14-15 Is any one of you sick? He should call the elders of the church to pray over him and anoint him with oil in the name of the Lord. 15And the prayer offered in faith will make the sick person well; the Lord will raise him up. If he has sinned, he will be forgiven. (NIV)